MISHIMOTO - RACE INTERCOOLER KIT, EVO VII-IX
- Direct-fit kit for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7/8/9
- Large, 3.5" thick bar-and-plate core with strategic core composition for optimal cooling and minimal pressure loss
- Provided 8 whp / 10 wtq and reduced intake temperatures by 28°F (16°C) compared to the stock cooler on a vehicle making 350 whp
- Provides efficient intake temperature reduction for vehicles from stock to 600 whp
- All-aluminium cast end tanks provide improved airflow, superior air dispersion through the core, and exceptional strength
- Lightweight, mandrel-bent, polished aluminium pipes eliminate restrictive bends in the stock piping for improved airflow
- Bead-rolled pipe ends prevent boost leaks and coupler disconnection
- Silicone couplers provide increased heat and pressure tolerance
- Available with a Sleek Silver or Stealth Black powder-coated finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- CARB EO #: D-759
Maximize the effect of your Evo intercooler setup with the Mishimoto Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 Intercooler Kit! This full kit includes the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 Race Intercooler, as well as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 Intercooler Pipe Kit. This kit provides a direct-fit unit and completely replaces the restrictive and inefficient factory setup.
The Mishimoto Evo intercooler utilizes a large, 3.5 thick bar-and-plate core that has been designed with a strategic core composition to provide optimal reductions in intake temperatures and minimal pressure loss. This kit will support vehicles from stock to 600 whp! Our 350 whp test vehicle showed an 8 whp / 10 wtq increase in power compared to the stock intercooler, and the Mishimoto Evo intercooler was able to reduce temperatures by 28°F (16°C). Not only was this intercooler kit designed with power and efficiency in mind, but our engineers also crafted smooth cast end tanks to promote proper air dispersion through the core, improved airflow, and exceptional durability. Low air intake temperatures are vital for maximum power output, tuning, and performance.
Whether you are taking your Evo to the local rallycross or competing in a time-attack, lower temperatures will be beneficial. Mishimoto intercooler pipes are crafted from lightweight, mandrel-bent aluminium and eliminate restrictions in the factory piping, which allows for improved airflow and quicker turbocharger spool. The included silicone couplers provide improved heat and pressure tolerance and can handle all the boost you can throw at them. This kit is available with a Sleek Silver or Stealth Black powder-coated intercooler finish for enhanced durability and protection against road debris. As with all our products, the Mishimoto Evolution Race Intercooler Kit includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
2 – Upper Intercooler Pipes
1 – Lower Intercooler Pipe
3 – Upper Pipe Couplers
2 – Lower Pipe Couplers
1 – 3 T-bolt Clamp
8 – 2.75 T-bolt Clamps
1 – 2 T-bolt Clamp
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
This intercooler can be used with stock or aftermarket intercooler pipes. This intercooler is not universal and has application specific mounting points.The upper intercooler pipes are not designed to work with the stock airbox; an aftermarket Open Element air filter is required to use with these upper intercooler pipes.Silicone Couplers: Coupler 1: I.D. – 2.83 / 2.44 / O.D. – 3.00 / 2.83 Coupler 2: I.D. – 2.44 / O.D. – 2.83 Coupler 3: I.D. – 2.44 / O.D. – 2.83
|FITS||01–07 Lancer Evolution 7/8/9 GSR
05–07 Lancer Evolution 8/9 MR
|SILICONE COUPLERS||UPPER PIPES SILICONE COUPLERS
Coupler 1: I.D. – 2.83" / 2.44" / O.D. – 3.00" / 2.83"
Coupler 2: I.D. – 2.44" / O.D. – 2.83"
Coupler 3: I.D. – 2.44" / O.D. – 2.83"
LOWER PIPE SILICONE COUPLERS
Coupler 1: I.D. – 1.73" / 2.44" / O.D. – 2.125" / 2.83"
Coupler 2: I.D. – 2.44" / O.D. – 2.83"
|PIPE DIAMETER||I.D. – 2.375"
O.D. – 2.50"
|TANK WALL THICKNESS||3.5
|FIN PITCH||External: 7.5 – 8.5 fins per inch
Internal: 7.5 fins per inch
|CORE SIZE||22.0 x 11.65 x 3.5